|Business Analyst - Second Posting||October 1, 2017|
|Quality Assurance Analyst||October 1, 2017|
Why work in IT @uOttawa
Our greatest strength are the people working with us. People like you, professionals eager to flex their intellectual muscle and achieve new heights in their career. Working here gives you access to a great IT environment, rich with a diverse range of platforms, products, and services. This is a place where innovative ideas are welcome.
In a nutshell: working here is challenging and rewarding. It’ll bring out the best of you. We want people that have the drive to advance IT in higher education. We have the technologies to keep your inner fires burning, and benefits that can help you sustain a better lifestyle. And all this minutes away from gyms, the Byward Market, downtown, and the Rideau Canal at lunch time for runners and skaters.
Sound interesting? Read more:
1. Diversification of technology:
- our technology reality is vast – software, networks, telecommunications, computer-related services, business assessments, security, architecture
- an open Internet policy: access, explore, download, and learn as much as you want in terms of cloud providers (Azure, AWS), Open Source projects (Apache, Drupal), and developer tools (JIRA, Github, etc.) – GR8
- varied roles are in our organization: analysis, management, support, development, coding, and more
2. Stimulating environment:
- technology professionals embedded into a culture of collaboration, new ideas, best practices that enable a fun, enriching work environment - IMHO
- talented and diverse teams who actively participate in solutions
- a human approach at the management level
3. In our shop, not always found elsewhere:
- the campus atmosphere has a buzz that is generated by all kinds of personalities who have been attracted to the University which you can now be part of
- access to an athletics complex with a pool and vast library; that’s unheard of in most places
- better work-life balance – YOLO
- convenience of location: centralized, downtown, easy to run errands during lunch time or catch up with friends after work!
Outside-of-the-box thinking, resourcefulness, a sense of humour, teamwork and integrity are all important values in our workplace. We’ve said our piece, the ball is now in your court. We’d love to have you join our team.
Why work at the University of Ottawa
Information Technology is a dynamic and collaborative environment; we are focused on prioritizing and optimizing technological investments that facilitate the best student experience, as well as the activities of faculty, researchers and staff.
The University of Ottawa has been recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s top employers in 2015. Why work for uOttawa?
- Central location with a variety of amenities: The main campus located at the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core gives employees access to a range of services, including fitness facilities and popular food outlets.
- Benefits: Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which includes: Health, Dental, and Life, Accident and Disability insurance.
- Paid leaves: Employees start with a minimum of three weeks of vacation leave and are entitled to other leaves such as: parental, sick, family obligations and other emergencies.
- Holidays: Employees enjoy 11 statutory holidays, a year-end holiday break, in addition to reduced summer work hours.
- Pension: Supplement your retirement; all eligible employees are invited to join this Defined-benefit plan.
- Professional development and tuition support: uOttawa offers Tuition Fee Financial Support for regular employees, their spouses and their dependents. The University also offers various workshops and learning opportunities for career development.
- Collective Agreements: The majority of positions within Information Technology are unionized under The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC Collective agreement).