FluidSurveys will no longer be used as an online survey management tool for the University of Ottawa, as it will be discontinued at the end of the year. Current FluidSurveys users can continue using the service until further notice.
Update: September 2017
- Canadian servers for SurveyMonkey are now up and running. It is currently being configured and set-up for users. Details about accesses will be communicated shortly.
- FluidSurveys will be decommissioned on December 12, 2017. Once FluidSurveys is decommissioned accounts will be put on “Export mode”; data will only be available for export only. This data may only be accessible for a short period of time, users should still export and save any surveys and data they want to keep from FluidSurveys into Excel or CSV format. To avoid data loss, start backing up your data today.
- To facilitate the transition period, the vendor is providing the University with a limited number of SurveyMonkey licences on May 9, 2017. The contract period for these licences ends May 1, 2018.
- Implement new institutional survey tool with storage servers located in Canada.
- Encourage users to export FluidSurveys surveys and responses they wish to keep before the tool is decommissioned on December 12, 2017.
What users need to do
Plan ahead! Start preparing now, the time available for migration will be limited.
Assess what information you can get rid of and what information you must keep. Note that Information Technology does not have access to your login information and cannot automatically save information into the new solution. You are responsible for copying any surveys and data you want to keep or migrate to the new tool before the deadline. Once the new tool is available, you will be able to recreate your surveys.
- Delete unwanted surveys and data from your FluidSurveys account.
- Export the required surveys and responses into either Excel format or CSV format. If possible, we suggest this be done as soon as possible to avoid data loss.
- Save your surveys and data following best practices to ensure the data is kept safe and secure.
- If you are not using your existing FluidSurveys account, contact the Service Desk so it can be deactivated.
For staff on leave
If you are currently on leave, planning an extended leave or you have concerns about your current data, contact the Service Desk at ext. 6555 or by opening a Service Desk incident with the following information:
- Duration of leave (start and end date),
- Active FluidSurveys users (Y/N)
- If yes, under which email address?
- If yes, how many survey do you have? And how many responses per survey?
To request an account for FluidSurveys or SurveyMonkey, contact the Service Desk and provide the following information:
- What months your survey will be active
- If you are planning to use SurveyMonkey and already have a FluidSurveys account, let them know when your FluidSurveys account can be deactivated.
Since we have a set number of licences covered by the contract, accounts will be created until we have reached the threshold listed in our licence agreement.