uoAccess Account Self-Serve Help
How do I access the tool?
How do I set-up my initial security questions?
- Log into the self-serve interface using your uOttawa email credentials (enter the email account username that you normally enter in front of @uOttawa.ca, as well as your email account password).
- Once logged in (first log in only), your will need to answer exactly five (5) of the displayed security questions. Once completed, click OK.
- Once your answers are successfully saved, click on the IBM Security Identity Manager link under Related Tasks.
- You will be presented with the uoAccess self-serve interface, pictured below.
Where do I change my password?
- After logging into the self-serve interface, click on Change Password.
- Enter your new password. Ensure that your new password meets the following criteria:
- Minimum password length is 10 characters
- Password cannot be the same as any of your last 10 passwords
- Password must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4) categories:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Non-alphanumeric characters: (e.g., !”/$%?&*())
3. If the password is valid, a “Request Submitted: Change Password” screen will appear confirming your password has been changed for the various accounts you have at the University.
**Professors and staff: in addition to the self-serve user interface, you will be able to change and synchronize your password using CTRL-ALT-DEL from a workstation authenticating against the trusted zone Active Directory, and the Outlook Web App (OWA).
What if I forget my new password?
You can use your security questions to access the self-serve interface and reset your password.
- On the self-serve login screen, enter your username and click on Forgot Password above the password field.
- You will be asked to answer two of your security questions. Provide your answers and click OK.
- You will be asked to change your password. Ensure that your new password meets the required criteria and click OK.
- If the password is valid, a Request Submitted: Reset Password screen will appear. Click Back to Login Page and access the system with your new password.
Which account passwords are synchronized?
The new password will affect the following services:
- Students: uoZone, Gmail, eduroam (wireless), computer laboratories, BlackBoard, Desire2Learn, Library computers and off-campus access to electronic resources
- eduroam: Remember to re-enter your new password on all your devices to ensure continuous access
- Professors and support staff: VirtuO, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook for the Web, eduroam and uOttawa-WPA (Wi-Fi), Halogen, FAST, My HR Profile, Blackboard, DocuShare, Academic CV, and more.
- eduroam and uOttawa-WPA: Remember to re-enter your new password on all your devices to ensure continuous access
If you cannot remember the answers to your security questions, or are experiencing difficulties accessing the self-serve interface, contact the IT Service Desk at 613-562-5800, ext. 6555 to request a password reset.
You can also use the electronic Service Desk request form.