With the arrival of Office 2016 for employees on campus, one of the changes is the web access to outlook. In addition to having a modern and efficient interface, how you book rooms in Outlook for the Web has changed.
By default, Outlook for the Web appears in the default language of your browser; you can change the default language of your browser at any time. If you change to another language, ensure that his new choice is listed at the top of the list. Additionally, once you enter Outlook for the Web, you will need to do the following:
- Click on Settings at the top right corner
- Click on Options
- Select General on the left
- Select Region and time zone
- Change your language
- Click Save
To access Outlook for the Web:
- Visit www.uottawa.ca/email and click on the link on the page, or bookmark https://mail.uottawa.ca/owa/.
- Login using your email credentials, at the top left of the browser window, click on the app launcher button and then click Calendar:
- Click on the New button at the top:
- Enter the meeting details, including the room. To identify the location of your meeting, click on Add room:
- A list of possible buildings will appear in a pop-up window. Select the appropriate building. A list of rooms for that building will then appear. Select the appropriate room.
Outlook for the Web saves room selections, the next time you create a meeting your previous room selection will automatically load. To return to the list of buildings, click on Choose new room list.
- Enter the other meeting details and send the Calendar invitation.
Need help? Contact the Service Desk.