In order to connect to the University’s wireless network (eduroam) with Windows 8, your system must have:
- A fully functioning and enabled WPA\WPA2 compatible network card.
- Up-to-date anti-virus
- From the Start screen, click on the Desktop tile.
- From the Desktop, right-click on the wireless icon on the taskbar (bottom right of screen).
- Click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- In the following window, click on Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network and click Next.
- In the Manually connect to a wireless network window, enter the following information:
- Network Name: eduroam (this is case sensitive)
- Security Type: WPA2 – Enterprise (or WPA - Enterprise)
- Encryption Type: AES (if WPA – Enterprise, enter TKIP instead)
- Click Next
- Once the Successfully added eduroam window appears, click Close.
- Click on the wireless icon.
- Click on the eduroam network.
- You will be prompted for your eduroam credentials (case sensitive). Once entered, click OK. You are now connected to the eduroam network.