Effective 8:00 A.M. on April 28, 2017, you will need the uOttawa VPN (Virtual Private Network) software installed on your machine to access uoCampus if you are not directly using the University’s network and are off-campus. This affects staff only, and excludes students and professors.
Staff manipulate many personal records within PeopleSoft. Unfortunately, hackers have been successfully targeting Canadian universities in the past year. The risk is greatly reduced by using a VPN client. It will keep you protected while you work from home or are travelling. All your devices, whether you have a laptop, smartphone, tablet, Mac, can be safe.
Here are the steps to install the VPN client:
- You must be on campus to install the VPN.
- Go to http://it.uottawa.ca/software/vpn.
- Click on the link corresponding to your device (Windows, Mac, iPhone, etc.)
- Depending on your choice, there may be detailed information listed beside More Details. If any exist, read it first since the screenshots will guide you through the process.
- Test that it works properly by logging in to VPN using your username and password.
- You can now access uoCampus remotely.
Need help? Contact the Service Desk or call extension 6555.