How to print a Course Pack
- Collect all sources, print specific page ranges required, organize documents in desired order, and create index.
- Determine which sources are likely protected by copyright – see Alternatives to copyright – as well as which can be used under Exceptions to copyright. Note: please make every effort to ensure that most, if not all, of your sources fall under an exception, such as fair dealing, are licensed, or are not protected by copyright.
- For any materials obtained in electronic format from the Library catalogue, check to ensure that the University’s licence does not prohibit reproduction of the materials in a course pack – see Using electronic resources. If so, these may not be used.
- Fill-out the Copyright Materials Log [PDF] as well as the docUcentre's Request for Reproduction of a Course Pack [PDF].
- Bring your printed sources, as well as the filled-out PDFs, to the Copyright Office [contact information below] or any docUcentre locations. Should you wish to discuss the content of your course pack, please contact a Copyright Clearance Officer by telephone or email, or to book an appointment.
If the exact same course pack was used for a previous semester, all you need to do is fill out the docUcentre's Request for Reproduction of a Course Pack [PDF] (must provide the session, year, and bin#) and e-mail it to the Copyright Office.
UCU 0024 University Centre
Tel : 613-562-5800 ext 3711
September to April
Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
Saturday: 12pm - 5pm
May to August
Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
RGN & LEES HOURS
Monday to Friday: 8am - 4pm
Closed for Lunch: 12pm - 1pm