Wanted: Creative thinkers and inspired IT
Why work in IT @uOttawa
Working in Information Technology @uOttawa gives you access to unique experiences in a great IT environment, rich with a diverse range of platforms, products, and services. We want people that have the drive to advance IT in higher education. Technologies you will face will keep your inner fires burning. Seek innovative ideas, success, empowerment and personal growth with us.
1. Diversification of technology:
- our technology reality is vast – software, networks, telecommunications, computer-related services, business assessments, security, architecture
- an open Internet policy: access, explore, download, and learn as much as you want in terms of cloud providers (Azure, AWS), Open Source projects (Apache, Drupal), and developer tools (JIRA, Github, etc.) – GR8
- varied roles are in our organization with a wide range of diversity: analysis, management, support, development, coding, and more
- a growing environment that will provide you with cutting-edge technologies
2. Stimulating environment:
- innovate to enrich our community's user experience and partner to build the university of tomorrow with the Digital Campus Transformation Plan
- technology professionals embedded into a culture of collaboration, new ideas, best practices that enable a fun, enriching work environment - IMHO
- talented and diverse teams who actively participate in solutions
- a human approach at the management level
3. In our shop, not always found elsewhere:
- the campus atmosphere has a buzz that is generated by all kinds of personalities who have been attracted to the University which you can now be part of
- access to an athletics complex with a pool and vast library; that’s unheard of in most places
- better work-life balance – YOLO
- convenience of location: centralized, downtown, easy to run errands during lunch time or catch up with friends after work!
4. Our culture, our secret weapon:
- outside-of-the-box thinking, resourcefulness, a sense of humour, teamwork, collaboration and integrity are all important values in our workplace
- we want your journey to be more agile, connected, impactful and sustainable to help fulfill your potential
- our mindset: bringing a growing / knowledge industry to the next level
We’ve said our piece, the ball is now in your court.
We’d love to have you join our team.
Why work at the University of Ottawa
Information Technology is a dynamic and collaborative environment; we are focused on prioritizing and optimizing technological investments that facilitate the best student experience, as well as the activities of faculties, researchers and staff.
The University of Ottawa was recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s top employers in 2020. Why workfor uOttawa?
- Be part of a prestigious organization:
- the largest bilingual University in the world
- a modern environment in continuous transformation, reinventing itself into a new digital reality for you to make a difference in society.
- Our commitments:
- the University of Ottawa is committed to recruit, hire and invest in its staff in a fair and inclusive manner.
- it firmly believes that it is a basic right of every person to feel comfortable at work.
- it favours working conditions that remove disparities experienced by the four designated groups in Canada: women, Aboriginals, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
- Benefits: Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- disability insurance
- Paid leaves: employees start with a minimum of three weeks of vacation leave and are entitled to other leaves such as: parental, sick, family obligations and other emergencies.
- Holidays: employees enjoy 11 statutory holidays, a year-end holiday break, in addition to reduced summer work hours.
- Pension: supplement your retirement; all eligible employees are invited to join this defined-benefit plan.
- Professional development and tuition support: uOttawa offers tuition fee financial support for regular employees, their spouses and their dependents. The University also offers various workshops and learning opportunities for career development.
- Collective agreements: the majority of positions within Information Technology are unionized under The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC collective agreement).
uOttawa – Sandy hill
The main campus located at the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core gives employees access to a range of services, including fitness facilities and popular food outlets. Work minutes away from gyms, the Byward Market, downtown, and the Rideau Canal at lunch time for runners and skaters.