Office of the CIO
Information Technology Mandate
Information Technology’s mandate is to lead the IT efforts at the University of Ottawa. It closely works with faculties and services to address uOttawa’s institutional requirements and objectives.
Information Technology provides leadership in prioritizing and optimizing technical investments while leveraging best practices in terms of solution design and security. The vision is to facilitate the best student experience, as well as the activities of faculty, researchers and staff with IT resources and expertise.
The CIO provides the vision and leadership of information technology initiatives to support uOttawa’s vision for excellence in research, teaching, and learning.
He focuses on strategies to improve systems, people, resources, and technologies for organizational effectiveness that will ultimately lead to a more cohesive and integrated environment for information, applications, and infrastructure. In guiding the University to strategically invest its IT resources, the CIO helps the University in achieving better cost effectiveness, service quality, and agility.
The strategic choice and the completion of technological projects contribute to the excellence of teaching, learning and research at the University of Ottawa.
- HR/Finance Process Improvement Roadmap
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and e-Commerce
- Order to Pay
- Mobile Workplace
- Office 365
- Website improvement
- Experiential Learning Certificate Navigator enhancements and maintenance: for COOP, WorkStudy, Community, etc.)
- Security initiatives
Reports & presentations
- University of Ottawa's first Information Governance Council
- Design thinking fast-tracks collaboration at the University of Ottawa
- Confessions of a CIO at his first CANHEIT Conference
- Open mindsets initiate IT strategic planning
- IT Fair - June 14, 2018
- June 22 Historical tour of the campus with the CIO
- Annual report 2017/2018
- Presentation: Townhall - December 2017
- Presentation: Townhall - December 14, 2016
- Presentation: Townhall - June 15, 2016
- IT Infrastructure and services essential to uOttawa Campus Master Plan
- The Council of Ontario Universities report highlights the uOttawa Data Centre initiative as well as several projects operated in IT