Information Technology for new employees
Information Technology leads the way by providing technology solutions to enable and support uOttawa's vision for excellence in research, teaching, and learning. Faculty, support staff, and students alike benefit from these solutions.
As an employee, you play an important role in supporting the University's mission. Your success in doing so often starts by having access to the right tools. We can assist you with many of your digital needs.
Before your first day
To start on the right foot, there are a few things you must do and know before your first day on the job at uOttawa.
- Get the password for your uOttawa accounts. As stated in your uOttawa welcome letter, call the Service Desk at 613-562-5800, ext. 6555, with your employee number to obtain your initial uoAccess password.
- Reset your uoAccess password
- Enroll into multi-factor authentication (MFA) - required to access many of the University systems
- Use Office 365 to access your email
- More info for professors (PDF)