MFA will be moving to the cloud, like Office 365. This will enhance your account security and begin to provide you with a better user experience.If you’re using the Microsoft Authenticator mobile app, you will be able to migrate your own account to the new cloud-based system.
Important notes before you start
- You can only migrate your individual account using the Microsoft Authenticator application. Users with physical tokens will be visited by Information Technology staff between January 22 and March 31, 2020.
- You must use the scanner in the Microsoft Authenticator application to scan the QR code (step 4). Using your camera or other applications will result in a migration error.
- Do not remove your Microsoft Authenticator profile during this migration process, doing so will lock your account and you will need to contact the Service Desk to regain access.
- On your desktop/laptop, open a new window or browser and visit https://aka.ms/mfasetup. Enter your uoAccess credentials and click Login.
- On the More information required screen click Next.
- The Additional security verification screen will appear. For the subsequent questions, select the following options:
- How should we contact you? In the drop-down menu select Mobile App.
- How do you want to use the mobile app? Click the Receive notifications for verification option.
- Click Set up.
- The Configure mobile app screen will appear. Complete the following steps:
- Ensure the Microsoft Authenticator is installed on your Windows Phone, Android or iOS.
- Open Microsoft Authenticator on your mobile device.
- If you are using IOS, tap Add account (or the + button on the top right hand corner).
- If you are using Android, tap on the 3 dots on the top right hand corner, then Add account.
- Select Work or school account.
- Scan the QR code displayed on your browser with the Microsoft Authenticator app (it will use the camera). If you do not want to use the camera on your device, enter the numerical code and follow the link provided on the screen.
- Click Next.
- The Additional security verification screen will appear. Microsoft will check the activation status. Once verified, the message Mobile App has been configured for notifications and verification codes will appear. Click Next.
- The Additional security verification screen will appear. Under Let’s make sure we can reach you on your Mobile App Device, follow the prompt, Please respond to the notification on your device. On your Mobile App click Approve.
- The profile on your smartphone will display two accounts. Do not remove the old MFA account before March 31, 2020, doing so will lock your account and you will need to contact the Service Desk to regain access.
- uOttawa (This is your old MFA account)
- University of Ottawa (This is your new MFA account
- These are your preferred MFA settings. No further action is required. The process is complete.As of January 22, 2020, when authenticating on the MFA system your account will display two profiles, proceed with authentication by selecting a profile based on whether or not your account has been migrated.
- New MFA: Choose this option if you've been migrated or started as an employee after January 22, 2020
- Previous MFA: Choose this option if you've previously used MFA, but have not been migrated
For more information about MFA, visit the Information Technology website.