Add a guest to your team
Need to collaborate with others from outside uOttawa? If email isn’t enough, and an external partner/vendor/guest could benefit from participating in channel chats, private chats and sharing channel files with your team, you can now add a guest to a team in Teams.
A few other newly released features
- Assignments tab: Create assignments for students and manage timelines, instructions and details from within Teams.
- Background effects: Messy home office? No problem! You can now blur your background or change it entirely by selecting from available images. Pro tip: if you’re computer savvy, you can even upload your own custom backgrounds.
- End the meeting: If you’re the meeting organizer, you can now end the meeting for everyone with the click of a button.
- Pop out window chat: Take part in numerous conversations at once, pop out chat conversations into separate chat windows.
- Raise hand feature: The raise hand feature is now available for Teams meetings and it allows users to enable a visual cue when they want to contribute to the conversation or ask a question.
- 3x3 gallery view: Instead of four participants, the new 3x3 gallery view allows nine participants to appear at on-screen during a Teams meeting.
But wait there’s more! Microsoft is constantly developing and releasing new features and enhancements. Some new features that we are looking at and anticipating include: attendance tracking, Teams Live, Teams Stream, breakout rooms and so much more!
Learn more about Microsoft Teams and how it can help empower connections and collaborations.