Data privacy day
How to keep your information safe
Do you know how your information is being used, collected and shared? Are you doing your part in protecting the data privacy of students and staff at the University? Get involved!
In 2019, reported incidents to Protection Services accounted for 60% Laptop / Tablets, 25% Smartphones & 15% course material were lost or stolen.
- MFA: Multi-factor authentication is a way to confirm user’s identity
- Backups: Learn how to protect the personal information on your mobile devices
- LiquidFiles: uOttawa LiquidFiles is an online secure file transfer service to facilitate sending files to any email address quickly and securely.
- Sophos: Sophos is a security solution that provides deep learning and endpoint protection against the latest threats.
- Software updates: Software packages often have vulnerabilities that requires software updates.
- Data privacy: Data privacy gives people the means to control how their data is used and who has access to it.
- Password management: Password management is a set of principles and best practices to be followed by users to prevent unauthorized access.
- Disk encryption: Disk encryption is designed to encrypt all the contents of a hard drive.
Learn more about IT security