A checklist for staying safe online
- Are you using the internet safely? Be wary about the links you click, things you download and the websites you visit.
- Do you think twice about what you share online? Once you post it, you can’t take it back!
- Are you using a secure password? Your password should be long and strong with a mix of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Do you download software and operating system updates regularly, or enable automatic updates? This easy step offers good protection against hackers and cyber-attacks.
- Are you vigilant when downloading free software? Free is never really free; are you giving away personal information or downloading malware to get this free software?
- Have you taken the Digital Self-Defence training? For eligible employees, Digital Self-Defence will teach you more about identifying risks and protecting against cyber-attacks.
Need more information about IT security? Visit the IT security website