What is your job title?
- I work as a Solution Architect in the Office of the CIO
How do you see your role going forward?
- Given that it is a new role that was created last November, I hope that the role continues to help the TLSS portfolio and provide architecture support for their projects.
What current projects are you working on?
- I joined the University as a Solution Architect in November 2020 through the Federal Government’s Interchange Program. My main area of focus is to support the effort led by Teaching and Learning Support Service (TLSS) to provide students and faculty an excellent digital experience. I do this by assisting in the evaluation and selection of new capabilities for our Learning Management System, helping other teams document their requirements for using a Learning Management System, and by contributing to the strategy outlining new partnerships and ways for the University to deliver training and micro-credentials.
In addition, I am working with Professor Robert Weisman in the Masters of Digital Transformation and Innovation program to develop a series of open educational resources for the University, which will be business case studies describing digital transformation projects in the Federal Government.
As an employee in the Office of the CIO, I am working with my peers to mature the internal governance process and architecture practices that are used to help us realize the University’s Digital Campus Transformation Plan.
In which countries have you lived or which ones have you visited?
- I have lived in the United States two times and I have visited Egypt, France and Mexico.
What is your guilty indulgence?
- I love chocolate covered pretzels and cheesecake.
If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
- I would like to better understand the global economics and how national economies are managed.
What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
- I once auditioned for a role in a Disney movie and for the original Degrassi Junior High.
What are you learning now, and why is it important?
- I am completing a Masters in Science and a certificate to be a professional Google Cloud solution architect. This training is important because we must better understand how to maximize the potential of cloud computing.
What three words would your friends use to describe you?
- Sadly, they would use the words – Not, Funny, Troy.