HAPPY COMPUTER SECURITY DAY!
November 30 is Computer security day. The best way to protect yourself is to secure your computer and information from cyber threats. Here are some of the top ways to keep your computer secure.
- Enable automatic computer and software updates
- Make sure anti-virus software is installed, enabled and up-to-date
- Use strong and unique passwords for accounts and use multi-factor authentication where available
- Connect only to secure Wi-Fi networks
- Backup important data regularly to secure storage
- Delete unused programs and files
- Report any suspected cyber attacks immediately to the Service Desk
- Eligible employees should take the University of Ottawa’s Digital Self-Defense course to better understand online threats and how to protect yourself against them.