To update Windows on the computer provided by the University or your personal one, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start Menu on the bottom left side of your screen.
2. Type Update and click on Check for Updates in the menu.
3. In the update window, click on Check online for updates from Microsoft Update or, if this message is not displayed, click on Check for updates and wait for new updates to be found.
4. Click on Install Updates or Download Updates if prompted.
5. Let Windows install updates, reboot the computer when prompted if necessary.
IMPORTANT: Do not shut your computer off or allow it to run out of battery while it is updating unless prompted by Windows. A shutdown during an update can damage your computer.
If you have further questions regarding updating your computer, please review this Windows update troubleshooting guide from Microsoft.
For information on Microsoft Windows Automatic Updates, visit Microsoft's Update site.