How do you add some fun to an already awesome work environment? Group together some fun-loving individuals who want to share a good time with their colleagues! The IT Services and Infrastructure team assembled a social committee whose quest is simple:
- Meet regularly to plan events
- Get input from staff for ideas
- Organize fun activities for the office, to take place over lunch (or during work hours, if approved)
- Hold 50-50 draws to raise funds for events
- Plan joint activities with other Information Technology teams.
The committee tries to meet monthly to organize activities throughout the year. Their first event was a potluck that was hosted at Vanier Hall to welcome the start of the summer. They also organized some fun games for the Information Technology BBQ in June. They’re planning an activity for August, and want to promote team building while having a great time.
The social committee is always looking for fun/creative people to join their crew. If you are interested in participating, or if you have event/activity suggestions, email Michèle Gagnier.