One click it’s all it takes. And strong passwords. Watch this short video containing tips to ensure your data is protected. Celebrate the international Computer Security Day by checking on your devices:
- Windows Firewall and automatic updates are enabled.
- An antivirus software is running and is up to date at all times.
- All your account passwords are ironclad. Change them on a regular basis.
- Unused programs are removed.
- Your home wireless network is secured.
- Encrypt and back up your important data.
- Your web browser is not set to remember your passwords.
- Cookies and other temporary internet files are periodically deleted.
Did you know? The first computer virus was called the Creeper Virus and launched an attack on ARPANET, today’s internet predecessor.
We are a community and our security is as strong as our weakest link. Check out these tips for information you need to protect yours and the University’s data.