Security is everyone’s responsibility and we must increase understanding about security threats and how to avoid them to protect student, employee and financial data. To do so, follow the Self-defence security training, which is mandatory for administrative staff at the University of Ottawa.
These training modules are available on Human Resources website and you can follow them from the convenience of your office at a pace that best works for you.
For those who would prefer a group setting, Information Technology is offering two other options to help you complete the training expediently. Register by selecting the session of your choice.
- Classroom setting: attendees will go through the modules and quizzes together with an IT specialist. Those who are present for the full duration will get a completion note in their HR training record. Note staff who have not received an email from HR, can also attend this session.
- January 29 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- February 27: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- March 28: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- April 26: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lab setting: you will need to bring your earbuds and uoAccess credentials. You will be seated at a computer and follow the training at your own pace. An IT specialist will be on hand if you have questions. Note that only those who have received an email from HR can attend this session.
We appreciate your collaboration in strengthening cyber security at the University by completing the training by December 18, 2018.