Keep your email account secure by reporting any suspicious email. If you receive an email that seems suspicious or if you believe it is a phishing email:
- Avoid opening the email (if already opened, close immediately)
- Fill out a Service Desk request mentioning the suspicious email
- Save the malicious email as .msg.
An IT analyst will contact you and ask you to forward the message as an attachment. By forwarding the suspicious email as an attachment, it remains intact allowing the Service Desk to examine the email content. The analyst will let you know if the email is safe or not. They will then take appropriate measures to reduce any potential damage.
To forward an email as an attachment:
- Select the email in the message list
- Click on the More arrow in the Respond tab
- Select Forward as an attachment.
Outlook 2010 - Windows
Outlook 2013 - Windows
Outlook 2016 - Windows
Outlook 2016 - Mac
By reporting suspicious emails, you help keep the University safe.