To identify operating laboratories, please refer to COVID-19: Last Update
The StudentLabs.uOttawa.ca portal allows University of Ottawa students to use their personal computers to gain secure remote access to computers and software from selected university labs.
Faculty of Health Sciences
Roger Guindon Hall, Room 2015 (21 computers)
Montpetit Hall, Room 404a (20 computers)
- Maintained by the Faculty of Health Sciences
- Both labs are open during the following hours, except when courses are scheduled:
- Monday to Friday from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M.
- Saturday and Sunday from 8 A.M to 5 P.M.
- Students are required to use their uoAccess (@uOttawa.ca Google Apps account) username and password to access these labs
- For assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at 613-562-5800, ext. 6555, or submit a Service Desk request
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Vanier Hall - 136 Jean-Jacques Lussier, rooms 2008, 2015 and 2025
The computer labs are open seven days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. except for the holidays. VNR-2008 closes at 8:00 p.m. every day. These labs are available to Social Sciences students except when courses are scheduled. Please consult the timetable posted at the door.
The Faculty of Social Sciences maintains - for its students, - about 140 computers. These machines run applications, such as the Microsoft and Macromedia suites, typically found in business and government offices and students have the choice of working in French or English at the onset. Students also benefit from the use of very specialized applications such as SPSS, AMOS & Nvivo.
Login accounts and passwords are mandatory. You do not need to ask for an account since they are created automatically. Type your user id and Password.
Your user id is the prefix of your email from the University email@example.com and use your uoAccess password.
For assistance, please complete a Service Desk request.
Fauteux Hall (Brian Dickson Law Library)
57 Louis Pasteur, 4th Floor, Brian Dickson Law Library
- Maintained by the Library and Information Technology
- Labs are accessible during the law library's regular business hours (if lab is not reserved for teaching)
- Lab description:
- Dell OptiPlex 780 Desktop computers with DVD, CD burners, and USB ports
- Internet access, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2013
For more information on available resources, please consult the Brian Dickson Law Library Web site.
- Maintained by the Faculty of Arts
- Reserved for students in a language course (modern or second)
- Hours of operation:
- May to June:
- Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- July to August:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- May to June:
- Description of lab:
- 12 Multimedia language workstations